The health of our audience, crew, and performers is our highest priority. In conjunction with the Salt Lake County Health Department and the Utah Department of Health, we are implementing numerous protocols to ensure that the Eccles Theater is safe for everyone. Below is an overview of the guidelines to be followed while inside the Eccles Theater. As the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 change frequently, these protocols are subject to change. We appreciate your support and cooperation in strictly following these health and safety guidelines.
Here’s what we’re doing to keep our staff, audience, crew, and performers healthy:
For the venue:
- All high-touch surfaces and frequently accessed areas are sanitized regularly before, during, and after performances by our cleaning staff.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located at all theater entrances and are available throughout the venue.
- Six-foot markers will be placed on the ground in areas where patrons are likely to form a queue. Patrons are asked to keep a minimum of 6’ between household groups and while waiting in line.
- The Eccles Theater has reduced capacity to allow for safe social distancing between groups during the performance.
- Concession stands and drinking fountains are closed at this time. Patrons are welcome to bring a filled water bottle from home.
- All patrons will be assigned a designated entry time based on seat location to help maintain social distancing.
- Restrooms will be designated according to seat location.
- Exit procedures will be announced following the performance, theater staff will be directing patrons to an assigned exit.
For the staff, crew, and performers:
- All staff, crew, and performers will adhere to CDC guidelines.
- All employees will be instructed to stay home if they feel unwell and will have their temperature checked before entering the venue and complete a health questionnaire.
- All employees will be provided with personal protective equipment.
- All staff members will be required to wear face coverings and gloves.
- All employees will receive training regarding COVID-19 health precautions and procedures.
For the audience:
- To ensure everyone’s safety, a strict clear bag or no bag policy will be enforced. Any non-transparent bags will need to be returned to your vehicle before entering.
- Concession stands and drinking fountains are closed at this time. Patrons are encouraged to bring a filled water bottle from home.
- Assisted listening devices will be available at the Patron Services desk.
- Coat check, booster seat, and curbside assistance services are suspended.
- All patrons will have their temperature taken with a contactless thermometer and be verbally screened for symptoms as a condition of entry. Anyone with a temperature above 100.2º Fahrenheit will not be admitted to the venue.
- All patrons will be required to wear a face covering that covers both their mouth and nose at all times. Face coverings may only be removed when actively eating or drinking in the seating area. Free face coverings will be provided as necessary.
- Seating has been spread out to allow for a six-foot distance in all directions. Patrons must sit in their assigned seats to maintain this distancing. Changing seats is not permitted.
- Staff will be stationed throughout the building to oversee social distancing and provide direct routes to all facilities.
- Entry and exit points will be designated based on seat location.
- Patrons will be asked to remain in their seats following the performance for an organized exit procedure.
- All tickets will be sent digitally to patrons. Digital tickets may be printed at home or scanned from a mobile device.
We are abiding by all health advisories given by local authorities to provide a safe and healthy venue so our patrons can relax while enjoying a great show. We can’t wait to see you!
For additional information, please visit: https://www.saltlakecountyarts.org/artsculturecovid-19information/